Image ‘Habitus’ (2013) used with kind permission from the artist Robyn Woolston.
Postcards from the edge: communicating climate change
You are invited to join delegates at the ASLE-UKI (Association for Studies of Literature and Environment, UK and Ireland ) Postgraduate Conference 2016 for a public round table discussion on ‘Postcards from the edge: communicating climate change’
Thursday 1st September at 6pm
Room MC0024, Media, Humanities and Technology Building,
University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS.
– Professor Kate Rigby (Environmental Humanities Bath Spa University, author of Dancing with Disaster: Environmental Histories, Narratives, and Ethics for Perilous Times)
– Professor Duncan French (Head of Lincoln Law School, co-author Criminological and legal consequences of climate change.)
– Dr Adeline Johns-Putra (Reader in English Literature University of Surrey, Past Chair ASLE-UKI 2011-2015)
– Dr Hugh Dunkerley (University of Chichester, Poet, Winner of 2016 INSPIRE Lecture on Literature and Sustainability)
– Robyn Woolston (Artist, 2015/16 Penrhyn Castle National Trust & Arts Council Wales Artist in Residence )
Panellists respond to artist Robyn Woolston’s artwork ‘Habitus’ (2013) whilst sharing their perspectives on the cultural narrative of climate change.
Entry is free – there will be the opportunity to make a donation to the Permaculture Association and the Transition Network at the door. Wine reception included.